Tuesday 13 August 2013

Lip Balm

The second item I am in desperate need of is Lip Balm. August is when the Westerly Winds hit and being the middle of winter in the Southern Hemisphere, its also very dry.

This recipe is a combination of a few floating around the internet. I had to modify it to use what I had on hand.

Natural Lip Balm

3 tablespoons of GRATED Natural Beeswax
3 tablespoons of Cocoa Butter
2 teaspoons of  Vitamin E oil
2 teaspoons of RAW Honey
2 teaspoons of Coconut Oil 
5 drops of essential oils

Add all ingredients (except essential oils) to a small saucepan. Heat on low over the stove. Once all ingredients are melted, add the essential oils. Pour into your containers. 


As I was making lip balm for a few different people, I added the lip balm mixture to the containers, THEN added the Essential Oils. My mum wanted lemon-scented, I wanted rosemary and my friend just wanted plain, because she loves the smell of beeswax. The amounts above have made about a years worth of lip balm for each of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment